BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT TEAM
Business Development Director
Reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer
Job Grade : J2
Salary : RM8.100 - RM13,000
As a BD Director, you will play a huge part in shaping C27’s future businesses and will be a pivotal point of contact with all new C27 clients. You will be responsible for helping to grow the business by finding new opportunities, researching leads, establishing relationships with potential clients; working towards creating a healthy mix of lead sources for the company. While eventually guiding a team of your own towards success.
Result-oriented, smart, logical, calculative, analytical, curious, resourceful, team player, articulate.
Min 8 years of experience in managing a team and serving creative functions in an organisation or equivalent. Portfolio composition of T1 majority portfolio OR >RM1mio portfolio value Possess at least a Professional Certificate, Diploma, or Bachelor’s degree in the relevant subject matter (analytics, social media, digital strategy, digital engagement, web development) Working knowledge of Facebook, Google, Linkedin Ad platforms (and other major search, display, search and social tools) Intermediate knowledge of CRM software such as Hubspot, Salesforce and basic knowledge of Google Workspace ( Doc, Sheets, Slides, etc.) Strong communicator with an understanding of empathy,a decisive & practical thinker who is able to make strong decisions.
Management will review this Job Description annually during professional review meetings. According to the changing demands of the Company, the duties and responsibilities of this post may vary from time to time. Management may review this Job Description at the reasonable discretion of the Management of the Company in the light of changing requirements and in consultation with the post holder.
- To spearhead C27 into new potential businesses and lead all new client meetings.
- Process all business leads and conduct the first contact via phone calls and/or emails to secure the first client meeting.
- To familiarise and up to date with C27’s services both internal and through partners/ vendors.
- Conduct company profile presentations to clients and evaluate the client’s needs and requirements.
- Keep track and monitor new business pipeline for management’s visibility of all business activities and potential revenue.
- Monitor current accounts for opportunities to increase the value and scope of work.
- Keep a close eye on any current accounts that may suffer from a drop in revenue and working together with the Leads to identify possibilities in maintaining/ upscaling account revenues.
- Work closely with management and present weekly reporting to review potential businesses and revenue streams.
- Periodic review of lead sources to identify new methods of creating leads and enhancing existing lead sources.
- Work towards creating a healthy mix of lead sources to ensure that C27 will not be overly reliant on any one source of procuring new contracts.
- Provide weekly reports and updates on the lead generation pipeline and activities.
- To be C27’s #1 client liaison and balancing input of various agency departments, ensuring it meets the client’s objective.
- To acquire in-depth knowledge of client business (products or services), the industry landscape, its consumers and the challenges faced, assisted by Strategy Team.
- Thorough understanding of client needs, requirements, and project constraints (schedule/scope/resources) and interpreting them for the internal teams.
- Establish good client relations and manage client expectations on the scope of work, deliveries, and limitations (if any) to ensure on-going client happiness and account health (and growth).
- Ensure client quotations and SLA’s are signed off by clients, avoiding the delay / overrun of work deliveries.
- Conduct monthly account health check with the client to maintain a healthy relationship and to identify any potential issues and potential cross-selling opportunities for our services.
- Provide clear direction and ensure KPI’s and objectives of clients are met.
- To initiate and sit in Post Mortems after each campaign/project completion to further understand how to improve services to the client as well as to grow the business.
- Conduct monthly health checks with respective clients to ensure all deliverables are met and on track.
- Define project scope, estimate, and proposals working with Project Manager in the creation of project specifications and time plans.
- Preparation of all detailed briefs based on discussions and consultation with potential clients.
- Initiate ideation and development of digital strategies/activities/objectives required from the client.
- Oversee and manage the entire process from ideation, timeline management, and budgeting to ensure it’s aligned with the original brief and objectives.
- Preparation and presentation of ideas, budget, timeline, and strategy to the client.
- Facilitate initial team meetings between C27 and client.
Leadership & Departmental Growth
- To lead, manage, develop, and grow the department by setting up the proper new business development processes which can be easily understood and practiced by incoming team members.
- Manage incoming team members, hiring, and training to ensure that they meet the standards set by the management.
- Highlight and provide solutions to any potential client related crisis to the management.
- Staying up to date with competitors’ activities and industry news to ensure that C27 remains at the forefront.
- Identify and set department goal and direction that is aligned with Company goals
- Assess and report progress in meeting department objectives and generate necessary reports for the leadership teams
- Receive, consolidate and analyse report/feedback from team members while also making sure the numbers/data/info is well presented during Leadership meetings
- Participate in budget development and monitor the department budget as approved by Management (including on vendors, recruitment, training, internal department events) while keeping the budget to the minimum for the betterment of the Company.
- Review, update, direct, ensure and enforce department’s internal processes and/or SOP are in line with company/department playbook and project blueprints.
- Monitor, review, update and ensure effective utilization of human resources (including the number of manpower, employee development needs, promotion, project allocation) in order to realize Company goals.
- To work together with HoP to create a people strategy and plan that delivers on current and future business objectives.
- Ensuring compliant usage of Teamwork platform within department to mantain company-wide visibility of workload.
- Owner and stakeholder for respective BD Platforms – Hubspot & Quickbook
Stream P&L and Budget Management
- To be able to understand the client’s scope of work and produce costs for projects.
- Monitor and ensure expenditure for projects are kept at amounts as agreed in annual/project budgets.
- Monitor and ensure expenditure for human resources are kept at amounts as agreed in annual/project budgets.
- Monitor and ensure projects are always within determined profit margins.
- In your role, you are cleared to approve up to RM50,000 transaction of account receivables (sales).
- You are also cleared to approve up to RM2,000 of account payables (expenses).
- Collaborate with others – Encourage discourse and critical thinking in collaborations with others.
- Ensure effective interdepartmental collaboration.
- To adhere to superior’s directions, instructions, & recommendations.
- To ensure all works down are of high quality with little to no errors.
- To ensure all projects are submitted promptly: with precise contents, a clean format.
Responsibilities towards the Company
- To be responsible for the safekeeping and general usage of the Company’s assets in employee possession, and in the usage of Company facilities that are provided.
- To be dress presentably and to maintain professionalism during client meetings, which reflects the C27 philosophy.
- To uphold C27’s brand image at all times, during working hours and non-working hours, in-office grounds or out of office grounds.
- You are to constantly and actively observe C27’s culture and practices, putting in efforts to ensure you uplift the Company’s good name.