Reports directly to the Senior UX Designer
Endlessly curious digital native that are up to date with the new trends, technologies and tools to develop the best digital experiences and ground-breaking designs across the widest markets. We strongly believe in the ‘design thinking’ approach to develop valuable experiences that improve people’s lives and clients’ business results.
“Artistic thinker, modern day craftsperson, innovative problem solver that uses design to bring ideas to life. Translating brand objectives, users’ behaviour and technology into effective emotional design that is elegant, beautiful and truly unique.”
“It’s just a show!”, fairy dust, pull a rabbit out of the hat, curtains close, exit stage left, fade to black. The biggest misconception when it comes to defining creativity is it’s synonymous with magic. It’s not. Creativity is making connections between variables that didn’t seem like they were there. We juxtapose seemingly random elements to create new meaning. Contrary to popular belief, we do not simply “pluck ideas from the air” or, pull a rabbit out of a damn hat. As a C27 Creative, you are a champion of empathy. From user experience design to video production, we understand that human beings are ALWAYS the key beneficiaries of our work. We celebrate individualism and personalisation, we are just as weird as how each of our audiences are unique - one size will never fit all. You are a master builder as much as you are an expert assembler. We expect you to be able to tell a story with a camera, just as much as a pen and paper. A “What If-er”. Curiosity is your currency, use it well, leave the rest to the finance team.
Bold, restless, curious, rule breaker, exaggerator, stylistic, detail-oriented, empath, visionary, experimental, visualist, naivety.
Proven experience with examples of successfully launched projects in defining interaction and visual design across multiple touchpoints OR a portfolio showcasing design understanding with strategic, creative and innovative design solutions. Intermediate competency in designing tools (Figma/Sketch/XD, Photoshop and Illustrator)
Nice to have
This Job Description will be reviewed annually during professional review meetings. The duties and responsibilities of this post may vary from time to time according to the changing demands of the Company. Management may review this Job Description at the reasonable discretion of the Management of the Company in the light of changing requirements and in consultation with the post holder.
- Maintain consistency and ensure high quality work in line with C27’s standards from design stage to users’ screen.
- Ability to take design decisions based on either an overall design roadmap or based on your own experience design justification.
- Conduct industry and competitive research on UI best practices and solutions to UI challenges.
- Develop conceptual UI models, use cases, tasks and interaction flows, and create screen-level interaction designs and details.
- Translate wireframes into high-quality user interface designs using industry best practices that lead to intuitive, accessible and delightful experiences, thinking about the product as a whole.
- Ability to excite and engage.
Marketing & New Business
- Involvement in new business/pitches.
Collaborate with Others
- Collaborate closely with a copywriter during design development to ensure synergy between copy and design.
- Communicating with programmers/developers either verbally or ‘redlining’ to ensure that designs are made according to specifications.
Project Management & Coordination
- Manage and ensure tasks are delivered on time, working closely with the Project Management Team.
- Maintain communications with appropriate internal agencies and client personnel under a senior’s supervision to ensure positive workflow, escalating exceptions, and client issues as required.
- Supervise and oversee the quality of work delivered by external partners. (if necessary).
- Regular check-ins with seniors to ensure general happiness and issues are being brought up.
- Stay current with design trends, best practices, new tools and technologies.
- To work closely with others to execute & drive special internal projects as initiated by the CEO.
- Keep an eye on awards/case study work across the C27 portfolio of clients.
- To consistently improve internal systems for higher productivity and efficiency.
Responsibilities towards the Company
- To be responsible for the safekeeping and general usage of the Company’s assets in employee possession, and in the usage of Company facilities that are provided.
- To be dress presentably and to maintain professionalism during client meetings, which reflects the C27 philosophy
- To uphold C27’s brand image at all times, during working hours and non-working hours, in-office grounds or out of office grounds.
- To adhere to Superior’s directions, instructions, & recommendations.
- To ensure all works are of high quality with little to no errors.
- To ensure reporting of all projects are submitted in a timely manner: with clear contents, a neat format, & transparency in works done.
- You are to constantly and actively observe C27’s culture and practices, putting in efforts to ensure you uplift the Company’s good name.