Purpose — A skilled storyteller and conceptor. As an Editorial Writer dedicated to the account, you will be working with the editorial lead, creative lead and channel lead to create compelling content that captures the right target audience on social media platforms.
- The key executor for all forms of copy based social postings & brand documentations.
- To conceptualise and implement content strategies and solutions according to the brand guide and direction set.
- To create and manage original, persuasive, conceptually compelling work for campaigns, content and experiences that are shareable and suited for digital and social consumption.
- To constantly explore new ways of delivering content to the audience where they are in the most efficient way. Take risks, be ambitious and original.
- Lead ideations by brainstorming new stories, series, concepts, themes, and formats to inspire the team.
- Lead and manage the team in content execution and delivery of creative solutions across the platform.
- Scriptwriter for all low, mid, and high touch production, with support from all Leads.
- Accountable for the final copy checks and proofreading of creative assets and ensures accuracy, attention to detail, and overall meets or exceeds the content objectives.
- To research and share information on the latest trend on social platforms, production and entertainment with support from all Department Leads
- Lead and/or assist in production shoots (Photo Shoots, Events, Production Houses, etc)
Client/Partners & Agencies Management
- To be able to consult clients and partner agencies with minimal supervision from Editorial Lead.
- To be able to chair meetings with clients and partner agencies (if required).
- To inspire and motivate clients and partner agencies to push boundaries by bringing exceptional creative thought and craft output.
- Presenting creative concepts, pitching and rationalising ideas to the clients and partner agencies.
Project Management & Coordination
- Manage and ensure personal and team tasks are delivered on time, working closely with the Project Management Team.
- Be able to advise on hours count, cost estimates, and managing execution budgets for clients.
- Maintain communications with appropriate internal agencies and client personnel to ensure positive workflow, escalating exceptions and client issues as required.
- Supervise and oversee quality of work delivered by vendor partners.
- Be the go-to senior creative when the Editorial Lead isn’t available.
- Inspire & guide fellow creatives to improve their craft and creative thought process, being a secondary mentor.
- Responsible for suggesting new workshops or short-courses that will help fellow team members internally.
- Keep the team in tune with popular culture and trends and sharing knowledge to the team.
- Conduct regular check-ins to ensure the general health and welfare of the team.
- To work closely with others to execute & drive internal special projects as initiated by the CEO.
- Keep an eye for awards/case study work across the C27 portfolio of clients.
- To ensure the brand image (visually) of C27 is consistent throughout while working together with the internal branding team.
- Collaborate with others - Encourage discourse and critical thinking in collaborations with others.
- Ensure effective interdepartmental collaboration.
- To adhere to superior’s directions, instructions, & recommendations.
- To ensure all works produced are of high quality with little to no errors.
- To ensure all projects are submitted promptly, with precise contents and in a clean format.
Responsibilities towards the Company
- To be responsible for the safekeeping and general usage of the Company’s assets in employee possession and the usage of Company facilities provided.
- To be dressed presentably and to maintain professionalism during client meetings.
- To uphold C27’s brand image at all times, during working hours and non-working hours, in-office grounds or out of office grounds.
- You are constantly observing C27’s culture and practices, putting in efforts to ensure you uplift the Company’s good name.
- Min 2 years of experience in managing teams and/or serving creative functions in an organisation or equivalent, ability to execute and ideate for daily content calendar, ad hoc projects including bite-sized video series, magazine-style editorial features events, and entertainment skewed content for the Malaysian market.
- Familiarity in client-facing communication, creating decks for projects, ability to work alongside the Editorial Lead to lead and execute for daily reactives & project-based activations.